Subject Leader: Mr Canning
At Harlesden Primary School, we believe that literacy and communication are key life skills. Through our English curriculum, we endeavour to provide children with the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge. This will enable them to communicate effectively and creatively through spoken and written language and equip them with the skills to become lifelong learners. We want children to enjoy and appreciate literature. We follow a text-based approach based upon the Literary Tree Curriculum and sequences of planning.
- To promote a shared love and understanding of literacy.
- For our children to become confident, fluent readers.
- For our children to become confident speakers.
- For our children to develop the ability to write effectively for their audience/purpose
- To develop children’s oracy skills by promoting opportunities for children to discuss, debate, role play, question and work together in pairs or group work.
Please see our Literacy Curriculum Overview below.