HPS Values & Ethos
A core value is a central belief clearly understood and shared by every member of the school community. At Harlesden Primary School, we believe in being: ambitious, positive, respectful, independent, resilient and a team-player.
By ambition we mean that:
We aim high and strive to be the best that we can be.
We produce work of the highest quality and take pride in all that we do.
We tackle challenges with courage, resilience and perseverance.
We understand our next steps.
By positivity we mean that:
- We believe in ourselves.
- We take enjoyment in the things we do.
- We celebrate the success of others as well as ourselves.
- We are thankful.
By respect we mean that:
- We all show tolerance of others’ beliefs.
- We value and celebrate each other’s differences.
- We display honesty in all situations.
- We take care of one another.
By independence and a team player we mean that:
- We are self-aware and understand the impact of our decisions.
- We are self-motivated able to work independently by problem solving.
- We constantly work to improve our communication skills.
- We know how to work well as part of a team.
By resilience we mean that:
- We can overcome any obstacles.
- We embrace challenge.
- We can regulate our emotions.
- We learn from mistakes and use feedback to help us move forwards.
Through teaching these values, the school hopes to inspire children to become creative problem solvers, ready to thrive and succeed in the 21st Century. We aim to give children a positive first experience of learning and to support them in being responsible citizens who appreciate the value of community.